Injuries suck! I don’t know what I did, but my foot hurts. It’s getting better every day, but I hate not running! It makes me crazy to skip my runs. That said…
Here are a few tips when you have an injury:
1. If you can walk normally, you need to. If you can’t, then you need to seek some medical help. I like my chiropractor/sports medicine doctor. You need someone who knows about sports injuries.
2.I’m conflicted about taking over the counter medicines. Yes, an anti-inflammatory might be good, but if it masks the pain, you may start moving again too soon because you thinks it’s better. You have to do what you are comfortable with.
3. Sometimes running actually makes it better again because once you get in that natural stride, it all slides back into place. But, if it hurts for more than a few minutes, then you need to rest it.
4. Running isn’t the only exercise. So, if you can’t run, maybe you can ride a stationary bike, lift weights, do yoga, etc… Or even walking.
5. Protein promotes healing. I type that, yet I am not adding protein to my diet, so I need to do that. Maybe that will help.
6. Injuries heal and life goes on. Don’t forget that.
So, I am going to see how it feels tomorrow, and maybe I’ll go for an easy run. I’m not going to let this minor setback get me down. I have been training steadily and made a lot of gains in the last couple of months. I will continue to progress. I just need a little time right now to make sure my body is ready to handle the next level!